Are you new to affiliate/internet marketing? Then this is your Resource bible.
Bookmark it and read it over and over. I designed this area for people who are brand new to affiliate marketing and want to learn. I know it can be overwhelming to learn affiliate marketing. I hope to simplify the process for you.
Note: I am currently working on an official guide to affiliate marketing that will be featured here.
Last updated: 21/11/2016
Resources and Tools
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links below are affiliate links. All commissions I earn will go towards supporting the costs of running/improving this website and to feed my taco addiction. Thank you!
I recommend these networks to my readers. I’ve used them all in the past and can vouch for any of them.
Most of the real affiliate marketing advice these days are on private forums. Inside you’ll find case studies, follow alongs, and advice that can speed up your learning process.
There are some free affiliate marketing forums out there but I don’t recommend reading any. The information on those are so bad that it would actually hurt your progress.Invest in your education.
- StackThatMoney: The playground of super affiliates. Features detailed guides and case studies. This is a steal at $99 / month.
- AFFPlaybook: The private forum of David Ford. The highlight of the forum is their extensive list of custom tools. $63 a month.
You’re going to need a web server to host your landing pages and / or tracking. I suggest starting off with a VPS server. There are cheap $5 a month shared hosting out there, but you’ll end up losing more money when they crash and your commissions don’t get tracked.
Don’t launch any campaigns without proper tracking!
- Voluum: The most popular fully featured tracker out right now.
- Thrive: A new tracker from the creator of POFPro. The main feature of this tracker is that it’s self-hosted.
- Clickmagic: A great all purpose tracker suitable for beginners
Want to see what other successful affiliate marketers are running? These tools will collect winning ads and landing pages for you to get inspiration from.
- SocialAdsNinja: Spy on Facebook ads.
- WhatRunsWhere: Spy on media buyers and mobile campaigns.
- BoxofAds: Spy on PPV and Media buys.
Don’t know how to build landing pages or design banners? Then you need to hire a virtual assistant.
- Odesk – Lots of talent to be found here and they have a great system.
- Fiverr – Quick, specific jobs.
- Online Jobs.ph – If you need part/time or full time virtual assistants (from the Phillipines)
The Affiliate Marketer’s Library.
There’s not really an official book out there on how to learn affiliate marketing. But to help you out, I’ve put together a list of 10 books I believe every affiliate marketer should read.
- Problem Solving 101 by Ken Watanabe: A short read to help improve your problem solving skills.
- Cashvertising by Drew Eric Whitman: Affiliate marketers love this book. It’s full of copywriting secrets and formulas.
- Tested Advertising Methods by John Caples: A classic copywriting book. This is the book that made me finally understand the concept of split-testing.
- The Obstacle is the Way by Ryan Holiday: A lot of success in affiliate marketing comes down to how well you deal with adversity. You can think of this book as a modern interpretation of stoicism.
- The Personal MBA by Josh Kaufman: I learned more about business in this one book than studying business for years at my university.
- The Fastlane Millionaire by M.J. Demarco: A modern way of approaching wealth.
- The Four Hour Work Week by Tim Ferris: This is the book that changed my life and opened my eyes to the world of internet marketing. Lots of goodies on business and lifestyle design.
- Breakthrough Advertising by Eugene Schwartz: The best book on advertising I’ve ever read. It’s so good that deep down I want to leave it off this list and keep it to myself.
- Brain Rules by John Medina: Simple rules to keep your brain sharp and optimzied.
- Getting Results the Agile Way by J.D. Meier: This book simplifies productivity.
Internet Marketing Tools
CRM and Lead Management Systems:
- Getresponse: What I personally use. Looks beautiful, easy to use and fully featured now with automation and tagging.
- Aweber: Need a fast and reliable tool to capture your leads and be able to setup automated emails and also a reasonable price? Then Aweber is the perfect tool for you.
- Infusionsoft: For small to medium size businesses, this is an awesome system. Leading web-based sales, marketing and business automation software. Pricier than Getresponse but more features than you can shake a stick at.
- ActiveCampaign: A beautiful mix of Getresponse with the features of Insfusionsoft (without the price).
- MailChimp: This is great if you are getting started and need something easy and free. Free for the first 2000 emails on your list.
Optin pages and sales funnel software:
- LeadPages: Looking to build lead capture pages, simple ebook sales pages, webinar registration pages or rapidly deploy a sales funnel, then LeadPages is my top recommendation. Even for someone that has little experience, this system and their training will make building lead pages super fast and easy. It is fast, integrates with a large number of email CRM systems (eg. Aweber, Infusionsoft etc.) and creates stunning mobile adaptive pages that convert.
- ClickFunnels: If you need more features and customisation than Leadpages look no further. Creates more than just funnels but also sales pages, membership sites and automates followups. Possibly the biggest feature, is that you can be more customised in your designs and add more pages to your overall funnel in a seamless way. Possibly requires a bit more technical understanding that LeadPages, but still an awesome system.
- ThriveThemes: A website creator, funnel creator and landing page creator. There’s little this software can’t do (my favourite outside of Clickfunnels).
Other Helpful tools:
- Market Samurai: Struggling to find a strong online niche? Need good quality keyword research for your SEO? Market Samurai is featured pack keyword research software that allows you to find keyword opportunities and gives you the tools to take advantage of these online niches. Use it for your SEO efforts, or even create strong paid search campaign keywords.
- Drop Box: Seriously have loved Dropbox since I got it in 2012. It has made working with and colloborating with teams easy and fast. It gives my mobility and I can access documents even while offline on my iPhone or iPad. Dropbox is one of the easiest ways to store, share and synchronise files online. It literally is as simple as copy and paste to drop files into a folder on your computer. Dropbox.
Below is THE ultimate list of the best FREE resources to help you be successful. This is genuine GOLD. Having tested thousands of websites, plugins and apps over the years we have compiled our bible of GO TO services that we must use and they are below. We have covered all the main areas in the business including websites, graphics, content and even productivity. Go through the list and test them out, i am convinced there are many here that you will start using and not be able to live without. If they have an app get that for your smart phone and utilize the cloud!
Strikingly – Build beautiful websites
Layers – WordPress site builder
Logaster – Free logo creation
Invoicely – invoice creator
KISS – Free legal documents
Germ – Idea management
The name app – Search for available names on all platforms
Hemmingway App – Make it clearer
Grammarly – Get your grammar right
Liberio – Make ebook with google
Content & Ideas
Portent – Idea generator
Google trends – what topics are current
Buzzsumo – Find shared content
Ruzzit – Find shared content
SEO & website analysis
MOZ – Site analysis
Quick sprout – Site analysis
Google keyword planner – keyword research
Keyword Tool – Alternative keyword tool
Google page speed insight – Check you website speed
Canva – Create graphics for every occasion
Pixlr – Edit photos and picture easily
Easel – Create easy visual and infographics
Pablo – Create images
Hello Bar – Get more subscribers
Sumo Me – Lightbox list builder
CannedEmail Pre written responses
Writerack – How to create a tweetstorm
Later – Plan social content
Hootsuite – Manager all social and plan
Pin Button – Pintrest button on all images
Filament – Get more shares
Crowdfire – Automate direct messages after a follow
Recrpost – Automate & recycle content
Typeform create forms
Tally – Create polls
Font combination – See what works
Font Ninja – Find fonts
Dafont – Free fonts
1001 Fonts – Free fonts
Noisli – Knockout distractions
Coffitivity – Coffee shop sounds
Selfcontrol – prevent distracting websites
Cold Turkey – Block websites
Trello – Organise and collaborate
Evernote – More than just a notebook, much, much more
Dropbox – Cloud storage
Yanado – Project management inside gmail
Wetransfer – Transfer files up to 2GB
Slack – Teamwork
Google Hangout – Team or group platform
Realtimeboard – Interactive whiteboard
Skype – Video and text messaging
Wunderlist – Create lists
Website Designed by: Ram Kumar